About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Friday 8 October 2010

Rebel.....with a really stubborn streak!

Aaaahhh. It's got worse but we are surviving, just about. The monster big teeth are still causing untold grief, but Gremlin has also decided that she doesn't really need me to feed her anymore. She just about tolerates me doing her gel (medication) but has started kicking up a real stink when I offer her the protein element of her food. It's quite tricky as that's the bit that I need to make sure she eats. She's trying to grab the spoon, so I'm trying to pre-load it for her and guide it in, but it is inevitably ending up everywhere and I have no idea how much she has actually eaten. I'm trying to insist that I keep feeding her the protein but I have now had 3, maybe even 4, days where she is not finishing meals and I have to roll over the protein into the next meal, then again into dinner. It is frying my maths brain as I have to calculate what she hasn't eaten, what portion of 1 exchange (g of protein) that is and then how much that portion would be in another exchange (as they all have different protein content). It's quite hard to explain but I know what I mean! So far, we have only ended one of those days short on protein. Not too bad considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment