About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Monday 11 October 2010

Buzz, buzz, buzz I wonder why he does......

I'm afraid I've got a bit ahead of myself. I get so excited when there is something new and particularly 'normal' for Gremlin to try that I can't wait any longer! Gremlin is 1 tomorrow, but today she tried honey for the first time. Honey is not suitable for under 1's (due to risk of Botulism - oo-er) but I let her have a little scrape on her piece of PKU toast this morning. I think she liked it, although it wasn't met with the dynamic enthusiasm I had been hoping for! Moomin has only recently decided she likes it (previously 'too spicy', whatever that means) so perhaps Gremlin will feel the same way. We'll try again tomorrow and see how we get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment