About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Golly GOSH

We trundled back to Great Ormond St Hosptial (GOSH) today for another check-up. Good news- Gremlin's levels have been good, in fact a little low so we have gone up to 7 exchanges (that's 7g of protein per day) and I have a stash of new food samples to try with Gremlin. Bad news- I need to start trying harder to get Gremlin's protein into her meals, rather than giving it separately first. This fills me with dread, as I know that the protein is not guaranteed to get eaten. In addition, protein free finger food is no longer enough and I need to let her feed herself the meal more. GOSH say I need to be brave about it, but I fear that is easier said than done. It is hard to be brave and bold with any of this but I will try my best.

As a happy aside, we went to Nando's for dinner afterwards (it was a late appointment) and spotted Ratatouille as a 'Fino Side' dish. Daddymin checked with the kitchen and it is protein free and suitable for Gremlin to have with some exchanges of chips when she is a bit bigger. Daddymin LOVES Nandos so this is very good news. Here she is enjoying a banana for her pudding:

No comments:

Post a Comment