About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Wibble Wobble Wibble Wobble

Jelly!

I have steered well clear due to gelatin content but was very pleasantly suprised by a solo Grandadmin investigation at the supermarket. He phoned me up, pleased as punch, that he had found something Gremlin could eat. I thanked him but didn't really believe it until I'd seen it with my own eyes. He's right! Not all jellies. But Hartley's ready made pots of jelly are totally protein free! Gremlin tried an orange one today and, after the initial texture shock (very funny), did her funny/giggle/chunter noise which means "Give me some more of that fine food immediately please Mother".

A little word of jelly warning though for other PKUers and PKU Mums- avoid the reduced sugar ones which contain aspartame. This contains phenylalanine and should not be consumed by people with PKU.

No comments:

Post a Comment