About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Mango Hedgehog and friends



An exciting evening in our PKU house. Further to another great tip off by Gremlin's auntie (a key member of Gremlin's growing army of low protein spotters), I investigated the ice cream section of the supermarket. I was looking for Swedish Glace- lactose, cholesterol and gluten free ice cream. I found some lovely looking vanilla tubs and gave Gremlin a treat for pudding. The vanilla Swedish Glace has 2.5g protein per 100g so I held back half an exchange from her main course and let Gremlin have 20g for her pudding. She was a bit shocked by the cold but very, very quickly overcame it and wolfed the rest down with gusto. She followed it with the increasingly popular and protein free 'Mango Hedgehog' (with thanks to my well travelled friends Lestoid and Jagger and their advanced mango eating knowledge).

No comments:

Post a Comment