About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Friday 6 August 2010

Good and Bad



Good- I made my first batch of low protein bread and it was ok! Before now we have tried the ready made loaves, which are minging. I think that is the most appropriate word, and Gremlin would agree. This creation today though, made with the special mix, water, oil and a bit of TLC, was very passable. Gremlin approved and covered the dining room in crumbs to prove it.

Bad- She's playing up with her food again. Yesterday at Grandad's house for lunch, and today with 2 meals at home. I know what it is. She does not want to be spoon fed. She wants to do it all herself and is protesting loudly whenever the spoon comes near. She's also started spitting food out and taking it out of her mouth with her fingers too. It's incredibly stressful for me but she's just not ready to manage feeding herself exchanges (protein) yet. She's still only has 2 teeth! She can play about and feed herself all the protein free finger food she likes, but she's going to have to put up with me feeding her protein first for a little longer yet. It's a horrid battle of wills and I'm back to weighing, re-weighing and re-calculating every meal. Just to make it worse Moomin gets intolerably worse when Gremlin plays up. She's a drama queen at the best of times but when all the attention is on Gremlin she ups her game too. She's gone to bed tonight with hardly any dinner eaten and no pudding as punishment. Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment