About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Monday 23 August 2010

Fairy Cakes

A bored Moomin asked to make cakes this afternoon. I found the prescription 'Fate Cake Mix' in Gremlin's cavernous PKU cupboard and thought we should have a go at something she could enjoy too. They were very easy to make- just the mix, warm water, butter and a dash of vanilla essence whizzed up together in a bowl.

They weren't very pretty, so I'm not sharing a photo with you, but me, Moomin and Grandmamin all found them to be perfectly acceptable. The star of the show hasn't had one yet, as we ran out of time and I was worried it would fill her up before dinner so she wouldn't eat her necessary protein element, but I am absolutely confident they will be very well received.

No comments:

Post a Comment