About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Monday 15 November 2010

Humous

Gremlin has a stinking cold and is struggling to eat and drink. I decided to take a slightly new approach at lunchtime. I've given her things on PKU bread toast before but today she had the same as Moomin and I. Chick peas are high in protein so I measured out a quite small looking 13g (1 exchange) of humous and spread it on. She absolutely loved it! She seems to enjoy strong flavours, so this fits the bill perfectly. Moomin did, and still does, adore humous so it's lovely to find another thing we can all eat together. Now we just need the garlic to help shift this dreadful cold..........

2 comments:

  1. clearly the girl has taste. is this homemade humous though? if so...wormin wants to try some!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she shares your taste. Tescomin.

    ReplyDelete