About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Thursday 22 July 2010

Baked beans!

A real staple in our house.

20g of baked beans = 1 exchange.

This is approximately 12 beans. It's tiny! I suspect when she's bigger Gremlin and I will have lots of disagreements about lack of beans. However, right here right now, it is the perfect amount for Gremlin to cope with. Last night I added 30g to some of her homemade ratatouille to provide 1.5 exchanges and she loved it.

A quick and easy way to get protein in, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment