About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Wednesday 21 April 2010

I love Ella's Kitchen

It soon becomes very clear that Gremlin does not appreciate my hard work and much, much prefers shop bought food. Humph.

With 2 boisterous girls I do not get much time to stand still in supermarkets and read labels but in the odd snippets of time that I have I find that there are lots of Stage 1 fruit purees which are 0.5g of protein or less per 100g. Her favourites turn out to be red ones - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries included. Top prize goes to Hipp Organic - Red Fruit and Apple Compote.

I keep trying to find savoury options to no avail. Then I spy a bright orange pouch in the corner of the baby food aisle. Ella's Kitchen 'Carrot, Apple and Parsnip' contains 0.4g of protein per 100g. We can now go out for lunch! We put it to the test at a soft play with friends in Enfield. Whilst Moomin is off playing, I am able to prepare and serve Gremlin's gel for her starter, Ella's pouch for her first course then Hipp jar for her pudding. Bless her she takes them all at room temperature and things again seem manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment