About Me

Hertfordshire, UK
I am a very lucky Mum to two beautiful daughters, known here as Moomin and Gremlin. My second gorgeous girl, Gremlin (above), has PKU (Phenylketonuria) and has introduced us to a whole new world! This blog is intended to record our journey with regards it, particularly focusing on food and eating.

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Hey Mango Mango Italiano......

Gremlin is 27 weeks now and a bit bored. We are still sticking to our short vegetable and fruit list:

Banana, Mango, Apple, Pear, Peach
and
Green Beans, Swede, Sweet Potato, Parsnip, Carrot

as well as the prescription rusk, porridge and various jars/pouches of mainly fruit.

In a bid to liven things up a bit I cut up a large chunk of very ripe mango and let her play with it. She picks it up and starts sucking. None of the mango breaks off or is eaten but she has enjoyed a more participatory lunch and I will see if I can do similar with something else from our list tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment